About Freedom Trail Group Tours
- Our group tours of the Freedom Trail are hosted by charismatic, experienced college students from Emerson, Boston College and Boston University. Your group will enjoy historic stories about America’s Freedom Trail plus your guide’s personal experiences in today’s Boston!
Group Tour Benefits
- Freedom Trail guides greet you anywhere on the route.
- Tours are scheduled to fit your needs.
Group Tour Rates
- 1-20 guests: $250 flat fee
- Each additional student: $12
- Each additional adult: $14
- Tour Operators booking multiple tours can request special rates.
Tour Themes Include
- Colonial and Revolutionary Boston, Boston’s Forbidden Lore, Old Boston vs New Boston
Main Tour Stops Include
- Boston Common, Boston State House, Park Street Church, Granary Burying Ground, Old City Hall, Omni Parker Hotel, Old South Meeting House, Old State House, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market
- Our Freedom Trail tours offer free access to Old South Meeting House for students and discounted access for adults (subject to availability).
- Extended Freedom Trail tours can include entrance to Paul Revere House and Old North Church.
- Tour guides are current Boston area students and locals with a passion for history.
- Tours are given in English. We also offer our tours in Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and French for an additional fee.
We bundle our tours with a variety of popular activities including attractions, dining, transportation and lodging. These packages are customized based on the needs of our clients. To create a package, click “Book Now” and select the options you are interested in. Save money, time and hassle by creating a tour package! Below are some of our most popular add-ons:
Add Walking Tours
Sometimes your group wants more than one tour! We can bundle our tours together. For example, if you are already booking a tour at Harvard, consider adding MIT or the Freedom Trail.
Add All-you-can-eat lunch or dinner
Great for groups who want to eat together in a restaurant at a price that won’t break the bank. Options include:
- All you can eat at FiRE+iCE
- All you can eat at Unos
Add an Attraction
We partner with the top attractions in Boston and Cambridge including:
- Harvard Museum of Natural History
- MIT Museum
- Boston Duck Tours
- Blue Man Group
- New England Aquarium
- Discounts are are available – rates will vary based on the specifics of your package.
Consider purchasing meal vouchers for a quick and easy way to feed your group on the go. Options include:
- Faneuil Hall Meal Vouchers: $11 per person (includes tax)
- Harvard Square Pizza Vouchers: $8 per person (includes Tax)
Add Casual or Fine Dining
We work with dozens of restaurants in Harvard Square, Cambridge, Boston and beyond. Let us help you set up reservations or special events.
We work with area hotels, Inns and B&Bs to provide lodging options for our groups at prices you won’t find on Expedia or other online booking sites.
Harvard Certificate Program
Is your group interested in a lecture at Harvard? Join one of our programs run in a Harvard Classroom and earn an actual Harvard certificate. Click here to learn more.
- How do I book a tour or event?
- The best way to book a tour is to click “Book Now” on our website and fill out the order form. You will receive a response within 24 hours. (Please allow until Monday for requests sent on the weekend). A Trademark representative will personally attend to your questions and requests, and we will work with you to set up the perfect tour or package for your group. Our team is also available to answer questions or book your tour by phone (855.455.8747) or email (email@example.com) Monday - Friday from 9AM-5PM EST.
- Do I have to pay immediately in order to book?
- Our ordering process for private group tours does not require immediate payment. After you submit a booking request you will receive a service confirmation and an invoice. Invoices can be paid by check or credit card in advance of the tour. If you are booking a custom package, camp, workshop or conference, deposits may be required. However, you can still make these initial bookings without immediate payment.
- How far in advance do you accept reservations?
- We accept reservations up to one year in advance. Most reservations are made months or weeks in advance but we can usually accommodate reservations with as little as 24-hours notice.
- How long is a standard tour?
- Our tours typically last 90 minutes. The duration is flexible; we can make our tour longer or shorter depending on your schedule. We can also package tours, dining and attractions for longer visits.
- Who typically takes your tours?
- We serve all ages and group types. We are especially popular among students, families, corporate groups, and international groups. Special tour content can be customized for groups upon request.
- Are your tours offered in multiple languages?
- We offer tours and interpretive services in a number of languages including Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Spanish & French. These tours must be reserved at least 1 week in advance and are subject to availability.
- Have your tours been reviewed?
- In 2013 we were named a Small Business of the Year by the United States Small Business Administration. Our products have received praise in numerous national media outlets including The New York Times, National Public Radio, Forbes.com, NBC Radio, and the Boston Globe. We are a favorite on Trip Advisor (Certificate of Excellence 4 years in a row) and on Yelp.
- How do tour packages work?
- We bundle our tours with a variety of popular activities including attractions, dining, transportation and lodging. These packages are customized based on the needs of our clients. Our goal is to save you time, money and energy so that your group can relax and have fun in your travels!
- Do you offer transportation?
- Yes, we can accommodate groups of any size transportation including coach buses, trolleys, turtle-tops vans, private cars, limousine rentals and even school buses!
- Do you offer lodging?
- Yes, we work with local hotels, inns and student dorms to provide convenient options for our groups. Group discounts are available.
- Are you affiliated with the sites you tour?
- We are a private company that partners with local universities, businesses, and historic sites. In addition to being a respected community partner, Trademark Tours is a member of the Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau, The Greater Boston Concierge Association and the Harvard Square Business Association. Our tour company is licensed by The Harvard Trademark Program. We partner with Harvard Student Agencies, the Harvard Museum of Natural History, the Harvard COOP, the MIT COOP and Old South Meeting House.